Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Art Journal Love

I must admit that I have a major art supply addiction. I can't help it, I just love love love to play and experiment with every single new thing that comes out in the market. But the thing is, I almost always end up hardly ever using any of it. Mostly because it's hard to decide what I want to play with first! It can get quite overwhelming when there's so many beautiful yummy colors and textures right in front of you. One can't simply use everything in a single piece!


I think that's the best part of art journaling - it can be a place to experiment with all the lovely supplies I have laying around the studio, one page at the time. It gives me a chance to get to know the materials, and decide whether I like it or not. And then move on to the next. I'm trying to stay commited to creating as much as possible, and little by little going over all the different pens, markers, crayons, pastels, pencils, paints, inks, and everything else I have. And what better way to do it than in my art journal? No pressure to make something awesome all the time, no disappointment if a lot of time has been invested only to turn out icky. It's all about FUN! And since I also have a workshop addiction (I'm currently signed up for more than I care to admit to), I'm playing along with Andrea Gomoll over at Creative Creations.  Her Facecinating Girls class is a feast for the eyes and sheer heaven for art supplies junkies. She shares my addiction and it's pure delirium to watch her having fun with her materials, all of which I also have LOL. 



After watching one of Andrea's videos, I finally had a chance to play with my Gelli plate, I've had it for so long but never even unwrapped it! It was a fun, nice way to create a quick background. The other materials I selected to experiment with today were paint markers (loved it!), acrylic paints, colored pencils (an old favorite), and stamps and collage for texture. I call her "Just being" ... because that's pretty much how I felt as I created this page - not thinking much, not analyzing, not trying to really accomplish anything. Just being...in the moment. And what fun it was!


And from yesterday, a sketch I did on the subway and ended up selling to a fellow Queen fan, right of my drawing pad! That was a first!



Last but not least, another journal page, from the weekend. Acrylics and colored pencils on the girl, and spray inks on the background. Fun fun fun!


Oh well, fun is over now, gotta go to work. Honestly speaking, I could just pretty much art journal every day, all day long! 

Have a super day!

xoxo
Jade