Monday, October 20, 2014

31 Days 31 Faces...or something like that

I challenged myself to draw a face a day everyday for the whole month of October, mainly to hone my drawing skills but also to keep my creative juices flowing and myself busy at the studio.
I can't say that I'm keeping with the program as originally planned, but I do have quite a bit to show actually. I may not have drawn one face everyday, but I did draw almost everyday. Some days more than others in fact, so even though I didn't draw one face a day, today is the 20th of the month and I do have twenty faces done! So I guess that works :-) And thanks to the super talented and amazing teacher Andrea Gomoll and her beyond cute (and incredibly detailed and chock full of goodness) Facecinating Girls classes, I am having twice as much fun and feeling more inspired than ever to draw whimsical girls. I just can't help it. Watching her playing with all her yummy art supplies makes me want to do the same with mine! Plus, the classes have lots of mixed media techniques to try aside from drawing faces. 
However, the truth is, some days I just feel more like creating backgrounds on my journal, so I have a bunch of pages ready to draw my girls on. Or I'm in a super mood to doodle or zentagle. So I'm not being too hard on myself for not sticking to the plan. After all, the "real" plan was to make art every day. Any art really :-)
Here's a small sampler of what I've been doing on my sketchbooks and journals. Tons of fun with some of my favorite mediums - charcoal, pastels, and colored pencils. LOVE me some mixed media, oh yeah!
Have a wonderful Monday, lovelies.
Xo
Jade